If you live and drive in Washington, you live and drive in the rain. Driving in rainy conditions can at times be a treacherous feat, so here are a few tips for safely driving on our wet roads.
1. Reduce your speed. There is no place you need to be so bad that you drive too fast for the conditions.
2. Turn on your headlights. Make sure you can see the people driving around you and that they can see you.
3. Increase your driving distance. Make sure you have plenty of room to stop when there are slippery conditions.
4. Be more alert. Put down the phone, set the radio before you start driving, put down the Big Mac, and please stop doing your make up.
5. Make certain that your wipers and defroster and in good working order
6. Be very careful around big trucks. Semi's prevent you from seeing the road fully, and can kick up standing water blocking your visibility for a moment (that's all it takes for a car accident to happen)
Dr. Michael Weir is the clinic director at Bellevue Whiplash Center at Back in Action Chiropractic. We will also be hosting a variety of relevant guest bloggers to help you understand your injuries better.